We believe in one God, God the Father the Pantocrator who created heaven and earth, and all things seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only-Begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not created, of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made; Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became Man. And He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was buried. And on the third day, He rose from the dead, according to the scriptures, ascended to the heavens; He sits at the right hand of his Father,
and He is coming again in His glory to judge the living and the dead, Whose kingdom shall have no end.
Yes, we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Life-Giver, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who spoke by the prophets.
And in one holy, catholic, and apostolic church. We confess one baptism for the remission of sins. We look for the resurrection of
the dead, and the life of the coming age. Amen.
The Faith of our church is based on seven Holy Sacraments. They are
- Baptism: Matthew 28:18, Mark 16:16, John 3:5
- Chrismation or anointing: John 7:37-39, Acts 8:14-17, 1 John 2:20
- Repentance and Confession: 1 John 1:9, James 5:16, John 20:23
- Eucharist or Communion: John 6:51-58, 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
- Matrimony: Matthew 19:4-6, Ephesians 5:31-33
- Priesthood: Romans 15:16, 2 Timothy 1:6
- Unction of the sick: James 5:14-15
The Holy Liturgy
Our church has three main liturgies. However, they are of once essence Those liturgies are
- The Liturgy of Saint Basil, Bishop of Caesaria
- The Liturgy of Saint Gregory of Nazianzus, Bishop of Constantinople
- The Liturgy of Saint Cyril I, the 24th Patriarch of the Coptic Church